This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase items through our affiliate links, we receive a small commission but your price doesn’t change.
Wow we cannot say enough good things about this recipe! I have begun to crave this drink more and more. This is a really yummy and extremely healthy drink with a very important superfood! You may be familiar with Matcha already but we are bringing you a delicious “treat” with all of the benefits and wonderfulness that this amazing green powder has to offer. We explain some of the benefits of Matcha Powder in the video below. We also include peppermint essential oil as an optional ingredient in this recipe and there are some amazing health benefits to this special ingredient as well!
This cold matcha frappe is the perfect snack or pick me up during the day and it hits that sweet tooth spot without the sluggishness that sugar leaves you with. Can you believe that?? You can have a “just as good as starbucks frappe” without all of the junk and actually FEEL BETTER after drinking it! It leaves you calm yet energized. It doesn’t leave you with jitters like coffee can sometimes do. The caffeine that is naturally found in matcha increases your concentration levels in the brain and helps you focus while providing a clean energy and overall calm.
This amazing and yummy treat (believe it or not) is low carb, low fat, low calorie and zero sugar. You may wonder, “how can it be so good!?”
One of the powerful ingredients in this recipe is whey! Whey protein Isolate that is a 100% cross-flow micro filtered whey is one of our favorite ingredients to use in the kitchen! This process for protein removes the larger, less absorbable protein molecules. At the same time, this process is filtering out fat, lactose and ash that are normally present in other lower quality protein powders such as whey concentrates. Whey Protein Isolate boosts serotonin levels in the brain, it releases the hormone glucagon in your body which is a fat stripper, it signals to your body to break down your adipose fat tissue and it also slows the absorption of sugar from the blood stream! Your body burns more calories when it is digesting protein rich foods and your thermogenic temperature rises in the process. This is why we love to eat lots of protein but we also love whey as it is a perfect protein replacement for on the go or a busy morning or a light snack during the day. The whey we buy from TrimHealthyMama.com is very safe and very effective for all of the things mentioned above. It is lactose and casein free and gentle on the stomach. You might be surprised at how much you like it once you make whey a part of your life! Click the image below to check out the only the pristinely purest and smoothest and most delicious whey on the market:
Now for the recipe! Here is our second attempt to make a somewhat watchable recipe video! I’ve got my two babies with me in Nana’s kitchen!
Please forgive my absentmindedness and my tendency to ramble. We just love talking about health and helping others incorporate health into their own homes!
P.S. My daughter LOVES healthy shakes that I make her but she was only allowed a couple sips of THIS shake as it does contain caffeine! ❤ Cate
Fat-Melting Mint Chocolate Chip Matcha Frappe
What you will need:
- 1 rounded TBSP Cross flow micro-filtered whey isolate
- 1/4 tsp matcha green tea powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond OR cashew/coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1.5 cups ice cubes
- 1 tiny pinch mineral salt
- 1/4 tsp gluccomannan
- 1 rounded TBSP of Pyure OR 1 pinch of PURE stevia powder
- 1 drop of 100% pure peppermint essential oil OR 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 square of dark chocolate
- (optional) ChocZero Chocolate syrup
- Add all of the ingredients (except the chocolate) to a blender and blend well until smooth.
- Add chocolate and blend until the chocolate is in small enough bits to sip through a straw
- Pour ChocZero chocolate syrup into glass before adding the frappe.
Add more syrup to your drink if desired and enjoy!!
Here are some links to the special ingredients we continue to buy because we love them so much and they are mentioned in this recipe! You can also read up more on all of the wonderful qualities of each of these ingredients.
- The matcha we buy is shade grown from Japan, non-GMO and organic.
- Peppermint Essential Oil.
YOU MAY ALSO ENJOY:
- Stupid Easy Low-Carb Chocolate Fudge Bars
- A Little Sour in Your Dough – Recipe for the most AMAZING, yummy, comforting and nutritious bread you will ever eat.
- A Quick Solution – Natural Home Air Freshener