“The world calls them its singers and poets and artists and storytellers; but they are just people who have never forgotten the way to fairyland.” -L.M. Montgomery
We had a lovely time putting together my sister Nan’s bridal shower and then enjoying it amongst loved ones who came to celebrate her as a bride and wife to be. It was magical. Nan has a kindred spirit toward everyone. She is easy going and easy to please. We wanted this shower to be extra special for her. That she would feel the full support of her friends and family and that she would be showered with many gifts for the beginning of a new life. Because there is so much to Nan I had a bit of a time pin pointing a theme that really expressed her passions and her character well. So we strung poetry cards on ribbon and tried to convey a meadow-like atmosphere, one that Nan would escape to, to soak up sunshine and gaze at nature. She reminds us so much of Anne of Green Gables with her deep thoughts and her zest for life.
We hope you can gain some inspiration for putting together a DIY Whimsical Bridal Shower. Scroll to the bottom for links to some of the items and recipes you see in these photos and additional tips for how were able to put this together so simply.
- Real Dried Flower Lavender Lollipops https://www.etsy.com/shop/LolliLollies
- Silk Flowers and Garland Hobby Lobby
- Cupcake Centerpiece Wreath www.irisandhart.etsy.com
- Raspberry Cordial Recipe https://www.mirlandraskitchen.com/anne-of-green-gables-raspberry-cordial/
- Rosemary Parm Cheese Crisps https://dontwastethecrumbs.com/2014/11/easy-rosemary-parmesan-cheese-crisps/
- Blackberry Goat Cheese Bites https://laceandgraceblog.com/2017/02/easy-blackberry-goat-cheese-bites/
- Spiced Nuts https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/230159/sweet-salty-spicy-party-nuts/
- Carrot Cake Cupcakes Trim Healthy Cookbook
- Toilet Paper Dress Game
- Lipstick Pictionary Game
For the poetry ribbon that we strung we used calligraphy handwriting to write out Nan’s favorite poems on doilies and we taped them to ribbon. I think it could also look nice with pretty lace ribbon or even small silk flowers between the doilies. Super simple!
We had a lot of these items on hand. Ask around for anyone who may be willing to lend their vintage china, old tablecloths, plates, etc. Thrift stores and yard sales are also the perfect place to find these types of items.
Take advantage of Hobby Lobby’s 40% off one item coupon. They also almost always have half off sales on certain selections of their silk flowers, greenery and wedding items.