This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase items through our affiliate links, we receive a small commission but your price doesn’t change.
You’re most likely aware that there are really harmful chemicals in our cleaning products and it would be disastrous if you were to accidentally get these chemicals in your eyes or if a small child should swallow them.
However, when we use these products we are still allowing them to get into our bodies and our loved ones’ bodies just by having them in our home and using them to clean! These days, we are learning more and more just how harmful chemicals like Phthalates, Ammonia and Triclosan are for our bodies.
Phthalates are found in most anything with a fragrance! Most cleaning products have these chemicals and many more toxic ingredients! Cleaning ingredients vary in the type of health hazard they pose. Some cause acute, or immediate hazards such as skin or respiratory irritation, watery eyes, or chemical burns while others are associated with chronic or long-term effects such as cancer.
It’s our passion to keep our homes a place of healing and rejuvenation. It’s a great idea to invest in some essential oils to create an all natural household all purpose cleaner that is antiseptic and antimicrobial. The best part about this DIY household cleaner is that it’s contents are actually good for you and SHOULD be ingested! How great is that!
We give a short tutorial here on how to make TWO different cleaners. The first is essential oil based and the second one is DIRT CHEAP and works like a MAGIC ERASER!!
DIY Natural All Purpose Spray
What you need:
- 40 drops of clove 100% pure therapuetic grade essential oil
- 35 drops of lemon 100% pure therapuetic grade essential oil
- 20 drops of cinnamon bark 100% pure therapuetic grade essential oil
- 15 drops of eucalyptus 100% pure therapuetic grade essential oil
- 10 drops of rosemary 100% pure therapuetic grade essential oil
TIP: To avoid deterioration and protect the aromatic and therapeutic properties of your essential oils, store them in amber or cobalt blue bottles. Dark glass such as amber or cobalt helps to keep out deteriorating sunlight.
- Fill a 16 oz spray bottle with distilled water.
- Add oils to a spray bottle 1 drop per ounce or 1 drop per half ounce depending on what type of potency you prefer.
- Shake bottle before use.
DIY All Natural Magic Eraser
What you need:
- 1 gallon jug of vinegar ($2.48 from Walmart).
- 4 lbs of baking soda ($1.98 from Walmart).
- Generously sprinkle area of concern with baking soda.
- Pour vinegar over baking soda and let fizz for a minute.
- Take cloth or paper towel and wipe away.
Lauren is Nancy’s daughter and Cate’s sister. She is a Young Living Distributer who has linked up with us and an excellent resource for buying your oils, knowing your oils and loving your oils. She will gladly guide you through the process.
If you are a member of DoTERRA we have a wonderful friend, Jina who distributes for DoTERRA and can do the same!
If you would like to learn more about becoming a member of one of these therapeutic grade essential oil companies please contact us and let us know and we can set you up with either Lauren with Young Living or Jina with DoTERRA. It’s great to be a member of one as you can earn loyalty rewards and receive special gifts with certain orders and receive all of your oils at wholesale value.
But if you are not interested in becoming a member right away we list the oils one by one on Amazon:
YOU MAY ALSO ENJOY:
- Stupid Easy Low-Carb Chocolate Fudge Bars
- A Little Sour in Your Dough – Recipe for the most AMAZING, yummy, comforting and nutritious bread you will ever eat.
- A Quick Solution – Natural Home Air Freshener